Who's dreaming of a wine Christmas?
Please join us for a fun afternoon of wine and food at Russell and Catherine's amenity room (where this year's AGM was held).
Each individual person please bring a bottle (&wine glass), and either an appy to share, or help us build a beautiful chacuterie board, with cheese, chacuterie, preserves, fresh fruit, nuts, dark chocolate, or bread/crackers.
Please feel free to bring a friend, but be sure to bring wine, a wine glass and either an appetizer, or a contribution to our large cheese and charcuterie board PER PERSON.
And of course, we will hold a raffle for some wines from our cellar.
Date: Sunday, December 11, 2022
Time: 2:00-6:00 PM
Place: 503 West 16th Ave in Vancouver
RSVP: Please let us know you are coming and an idea of what food item you are bringing via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Your executive team is overjoyed to announce A COWICHAN VALLEY BUS TOUR! We have been talking about touring the Cowichan Valley for a few years now, and the time is finally right. Cowichan is home to 14 unique wineries making a name for the area as a destination wine region.
Our hotel in Chemainus is just 30 minutes from the two ferry terminals in Nanaimo (Departure Bay and Duke Point), offering access from Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver or Tsawwassen in the south. Coordinate car-pooling with another member and enjoy some company on the ferry!
From Chemainus our bus will take us up and down the Cowichan valley as we explore some veteran wineries and beautiful autumn scenery in the midst of harvest season.
Friday, September 30
- Check in and meet us for an optional dinner - details to come. (Note: Will be billed separately.)
- Blue Grouse Estate Winery: the Island’s oldest estate vineyards, which offers exquisite tasting experience in stunning surroundings.
- Rocky Creek Winery: we will enjoy wines from the most awarded winery on Vancouver Island including an award-winning Wild Blackberry Wine picked by first nations.
- Averill Creek Vineyard: lunch and a tasting will be served at Vancouver Island's largest estate winery with breathtaking views (and many photo opportunities) of the Cowichan Valley.
- Divino Estate Winery: located on Cobble Hill, this winery is celebrating 50 years since their first grapes were planted.
- Enrico Winery: famous for their 2014 Tempest Ortega, which won the Lieutenant Governor's Award for excellence, to a private four course wine-paired dinner with Enrico Winery at the beautiful oceanfront restaurant, Bridgeman’s Bistro.
- Unsworth Vineyards: known as "Canada's Provence" by foodie James Barber, this family-run winery has deep roots in the Cowichan Valley.
- Cherry Point Estate Wines: award-winning wines are made following traditional European winemaking methods.
- Zanatta Winery and Vineyards: enjoy lunch at one of the oldest wineries on the island. This family-run winery has been cultivating grapes since the late 1950's.
- Damali Lavender & Winery: a boutique craft winery that specializes in wines that contain lavender grown on the estate.
Place: Best Western Plus Chemainus Inn
Group Rate $199 + tax for 2 queen beds, including buffet breakfast
Please phone the hotel directly for BCWAS group discount: 250-246-4181
Price: Cost (not including hotel) $475
This is a members only event at this time. Please pay via e-transfer to email@example.com
Please note that there are no paper tickets for our events. Once your purchase is completed you will be added to our attendees list. Please check-in when you arrive.
Please note that we are unable to provide refunds. If you purchase a ticket but cannot attend the event, please let us know with as much advance notice as possible and we’ll try to re-sell your ticket, but we cannot guarantee this.